Friday, January 9, 2009

First Marathon Training Blog - woohoo!

OK this is my very first training blog (thanks for the nudge Rina!)... I will be backdating and uploading some pretty pictures from my training sessions from the past few weeks so please bear with me while I get organised! Hmmm... let's see how I go!

Woke:
5:43 AM
Snooze: once
Up: 6:17 AM
Out: 6:32 AM
Thoughts:
  • The first bloke I ever passed since I started training has migrated to the opposite side of Court Lane?! Is he trying to avoid me?!
  • Remember to bring my camera next time...
  • My deltoids and hamstrings are still stiff from yoga on Wednesday with Andrea and Mary?!
  • First time I've ran past someone on Frank Dixon Way
  • Must be cold, no dogs barking at me from Dulwich Riding School today
Mornings!: 4
  • bloke on Court Lane who now runs on the opposite side...
  • bloke running along Dulwich Village
  • girl running on Frank Dixon Way
  • lady who runs her dog and passes me on Dulwich Common
Back: 7:02 AM
Refuel: Bit of porridge and warm orange cordial
What next: a lie in and yoga on Saturday - yay! 8 miles on Sunday with Rob
Mileage to date: XXX
Notes: Sent out my first email asking for sponsors at work today... how exciting! Hopefully the 'Subject' got people's attention and I'll have reached my target before I know it - http://www.justgiving.com/SusanDoesLondon

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the number of snoozes is directly proportional to the time you get up and the time you go out. I'm looking forward to finding out! Will you be sticking to porridge as your refuel after each run or will you mix it up with say, I don't know, Weetbix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let you figure out the snoozes, I'm interested myself... although I'm trying to keep the number down!

    I started on Granola bars (zilch preparation!) and Weetabix is a good idea! I'll be buying a box next time I visit the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete