Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10 minute miles? No way Jose!

Woke: 5:43 AM but since I was running at lunchtime I went back to sleep for another hour - yay!

I walked past Dean this morning and he'd just got round to reading my email asking for sponsors. He'd done the London and New York marathons and we had a good old natter about them. I am loving that everyone [who's done marathons before] is willing to share their experiences and tips - keep them coming!

So, we ended the chit chat with an action point: use my Sweatshop voucher from my [Les Witton Dartford 10] goody bag to purchase some funky running gear to hold my running fuel... any excuse to go shopping!

Out: 2:30 PM sharp Sarah was at my desk. We headed to Level 5 to get changed before starting a short and fast run, a very fast run... we were only out for about 20 minutes and I must admit I was thinking:
  • OMG - should I tell her I need to slow down?!
  • Ooh... I think I've stitch coming on...
  • darn builders...
  • I'm running around Canary Wharf!
  • are we nearly there yet?!
I've been doing 10 minute miles for as long as I can remember and apparently I was running much quicker than that - wahey! Sarah really whipped my arse into gear, it's about time I got out of my comfort zone...

Refuel: banana, hot chocolate
What next: yoga on Wednesday
Notes: Am pretty impressed with the showers at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment