Saturday, January 3, 2009

First long run of the new year - 6 miles...

This was my last run of the week with Chris :( So paying tribute to Allison and her early morning photo running club (Yes Man) I decided to take my camera and get snap happy!

Woke:
7:00 AM
Snooze: nil
Up: 7:00 AM
Fuel: porridge and chinese oolong tea
Out: 7:35 AM
Arrived at Chris's: 7:58 AM
Left Chris's: 8:02 AM
Weather: fresh and crisp

Thoughts:
  • what drink to have after our run
  • have really enjoyed the drives to Chris's
  • have really enjoyed running along the canal and Melling Road
  • have really enjoyed having a beverage and a chit chat after our run
  • gee, that went quick...
Mornings!: 6 - mainly blokes walking their dogs along the canal

Entrance to Aintree Racecourse - honest!

Chris - running along!


The Paradox - it's a listed building don't you know!


Partly frozen canal with ducks hopping from the icy ledge into the water - ahhh!


Only 9 miles to Liverpool...


Old Swan (good one Claire T!)


Aintree Golf Course adjoining the Racecourse, so Chris tells me


Leaving the canal and onto Wango Lane

Back:
9:18 AM, I got a bit carried away with my camera...

Refuel: I think I had hot chocolate...
Distance: 6 miles
Route: My first run.com route! It took me ages to plot this - enjoy!
What next: Running by myself on Tuesday :(
Notes: I really enjoyed my early morning runs with Chris this week, we got into a nice routine! Hopefully we can do it every time I'm back in Liverpool?!

No comments:

Post a Comment