Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Planes

I wore some of my new running kit today, including a nice top and hat which Chris bought me for Christmas. The only pocket I had though was at the back of my running bottoms and so having set up the iMapMyRun app on my iPhone I had to squeeze it in... not particularly access friendly so no pictures today.

Woke: 5:55 AM
Snooze: nil
Up: 5:58 AM
Fuel: cold cup of Rooibos tea
Out: 6:16 AM
Weather: Clear dark sky and definitely warmer than previous mornings
Thoughts:

  • I had my hair cut yesterday so did wonder whether I'd be needing clips to clip my hair but there wasn't any need since I wore a hat which kept my locks in place
  • I did a slightly different and longer route today in an effort to keep things interesting. It was a nice change of scenery along Turney Road. The traditional red post box and white fences remind me of Postman Pat.
  • My hat didn't quite cover my ears fully and it's the first time I've noticed how noisy the traffic was. Of course this could also be that Croxted Road is generally busier then Dulwich Village in terms of traffic volume, although Dulwich Common [South Circular] was pretty noisy this morning too...
  • It's the first time that I also noted 6 planes fly over head! The sky was indeed pretty clear this morning. From the direction I'd say they were either coming from Stansted or heading towards Heathrow. I could hear 2 of them, the first as I started down Court Lane and the last at the end of my run when I walked it off up Firemans Alley.
  • Where are those dogs [Dulwich Riding School]?! I actually kind of look forward to the short sharp adrenaline rush I get when they bark at me and knowing I'm safe because the fence is way high...

Mornings!: 5. People this morning just weren't in the mood for jolly little me! Most of them did have earphones on though, in fact one guy wore a pair of huge on ear headphones while he was running which made me chuckle, maybe they served as ear muffs too.
Back: 6:48 AM
Refuel: porridge with plenty of milk
Distance: 3 miles...
Route: I managed to sync that cool little iPhone application with my online account, check it out...



I can assure you that I didn't run on the rail tracks and taking this into consideration along with the fact that the last leg of my run wasn't recorded for some reason, it does actually bring the distance upto 3 miles!

Notes:

  • I didn't wear my gloves today so my fingers were all swollen and looked like chipolata's - nice
  • Clare at work introduced me to Sarah today - she goes running at lunch times around Canary Wharf Monday to Wednesday so I plan on joining her 1 day next week, I've been reluctant to do so so far because it's usually a faff getting changed and showered at work, and I have to be really organised, brining in my running kit, however since I'll soon have to be doing longer runs during the week and would prefer not to have to wake up any earlier than I already am, so this is a potential alternative, I can't quite see myself running in the evening but if I get my arse into gear I might do if I join one of the local running clubs.

What next: I quite enjoyed the slight change of scenery so will be doing the same route tomorrow morning too - see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment