Sunday, January 11, 2009

8 miles around Crystal Palace and Dulwich

It was a little odd to wake up and go running during the day time, even though it was only 10:30 AM. There were so many people out and about and I really needn't had bothered with my ear warmers or fleece as the sun was shining and it was indeed a beautiful morning.
Picked up Rob at his flat and donning his special girdle pants we headed down to Crystal Palace Park.

They do great Sunday Lunches at the Dulwich Wood House

Woke: 8:47 AM then went back to sleep for a bit...
Snooze: nil
Up: 9:58 AM
Fuel: Granola bar and orange cordial (cold)
Out: 10:32 AM
Weather: Clear skies, Sun shining, temperature perfect!
Thoughts:
  • It was a bit strange to run during daylight, since all my runs so far have started between 6 and 8 AM! In fact it was so light I didn't feel the need to wear my reflective vest which my siblings bought me for Christmas as it got in the way of me accessing my camera from my pocket anyway... should I still be wearing it during the daytime?
  • There were lots of people out and about, and I felt a bit self conscious in my dodgy running gear... must wear new stuff that Chris bought me for Christmas
  • Didn't really need my ear warmers or fleece - the sun was shining and I was boiling! Or it could have something to do with running up Sydenham Hill so early on
  • What I could put in my blog today
  • First time during my training sessions that I've been over taken?! And judging by his balding head he was much older than me too tut!
  • Lots of runners are wearing red - wonder if they're affiliated to a local running club...
  • I didn't feel like I was in the city at all, there's so much greenery and the roads and street look different on foot
  • Rob can run impressively fast for not having done any exercise for 9 months! He walked up the hill to allow me to catch up, well at least that's why I think he did...


Rob and a frozen Crystal Palace Park Lake

Mornings!:
I have to admit there were so many people on the street today that I lost count of how many people I said ' Morning!' to... if this happens again I might just have to count the number of responses I get instead.

The tollgate on College Road and bendy lampposts

Back: 12:02 PM
Refuel: cup of early grey, Sunday roast at the Magnolia
Alcoholic beverages not consumed: half a bitter shandy
Distance: 8 miles
Route: I discovered run.com over Christmas - it's ace! This is where I ran today...
Mileage to date: please check back, I'm still figuring this out...
What next: Tuesday morning
Notes: Must learn how to upload pictures to my blog, I really want you to see the whole chicken I ate for lunch.

I finally managed to figure out uploading images - yummy!


3 comments:

  1. So in the last post you snoozed once and were up and out in 15 mins. This time with no snoozes you were up and out in 34 mins! There's some definite correlation there...

    Photos of whole chickens sounds good, but what about videos of old bald people overtaking you? Maybe you could have a daily video entry of the most interesting runner to overtake you that day? I'd tune in for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally uploaded the chicken photo - hope you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes nice work. What's that nestled in between the chook and potatoes?

    ReplyDelete