Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snoozan

Snooze: 4

I passed the point of no return so updated my alarm to go off an hour later. I just couldn't fall sleep last night and remember the last time I looked it was nearing 2 AM so I wasn't going to give myself a hard time about missing a run this morning.

I must get used to writing a blog and realise that it's not a 'secret' diary. I was pretty impressed when John and David made comments about my hair this morning, and for a moment they had me... I mean come on, men don't really notice these things do they, what was I thinking?!

Last night I got an email about the Paddock Wood half marathon and forwarded it to my friend Ade to see if he fancied it. He replied this morning, and it seems we're both thinking "if you enter, I'll enter!", so that's what we'll be doing on 5 April!

Ade also mentioned in that he is running the 'Les Witton Memorial 10 Mile Road Race', on Sunday with Matt. According to my training plan, which Chris put together for me, I'm scheduled to do a 10 mile run this weekend and had been contemplating where I could do this, so I promptly entered online and will be picking up my number from the late entry desk, it couldn't be more perfect!

Ade, Matt and I did the Great North Run a few years ago - it wasn't as 'Great' as I had hoped. Apart from the Tyne Bridge, we basically ran through run-down housing estates and along dual carriageways - very inspiring.

Matt, me and Ade in Newcastle
Had a nice stretch at yoga this evening, so am all set for 3 miles bright and early tomorrow, night night!

2 comments:

  1. One snooze - up and out in 15 mins.
    No snooze - up and out in 34 mins.
    ...four snoozes - up and out didn't happen!

    Can we get an Excel chart uploaded to map the trend here?!

    I have to ask, when you were on the Great North Run and could see the highways ahead did you try, even if it was just briefly, to run faster than the cars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charting a trend... maybe maybe - we'll see...

    We were special - they cleared the dual carriageway for us runners ;)

    ReplyDelete