Friday, January 23, 2009

Coldfeet

So as you may have guessed I've been eating like a pig recently, usually I leave leftovers (for Paul) but these days I've been going for seconds! Anyway just in case you think I'm going off on a tangent here one must remember that marathon training isn't all about the running... it's also about the fuelling. So although I haven't been particularly active this week I have been concentrating on the fuelling so to speak...

Got taken out for a work lunch today and we went to Sophie's Steakhouse for some red meat. Me and the boys enjoyed a really thick milkshake to start and then had a huge ribeye steak and chips with bearnaise sauce - mmm! I must admit, it was the first time in a while that I'd actually felt 'stuffed'! I did wonder how on earth I was going to manage curry with the girls later that night...

Claire C arrived and I met her at the Adventure Bar for a round of happy hour cocktails, however we both opted for a classy glass of vino instead. Claire C and her new hubby Matt are also doing the London Marathon too and are training together. We shared training routines and stories and she had me in stitches recalling her most recent run where she tripped face first in a pool of mud whilst running around Stonehenge... oh ok, you had to be there, Claire is the funniest storyteller ever!

Lucy arrived just before 08:00 PM, which was the time of our booking, so I ran across the road to let the restaurant know we were going to be a little late. However, the waitress looked at me scornfully and said 'NO', then the manager came over and explained that they had further bookings and if we didn't turn up on time we'd lose our table. So I headed back to share the news.

Lucy had just ordered mojito's and got 241 having just made the happy hour deadline. She happily said not to worry she could down them both which she promptly did! We then headed to East Dulwich's finest curry house Tandoori Nights (their website might be crap but the food is in a different league altogether).

Claire D arrived soon after we were seated right next to the exit with a great view of Lordship Lane. We and we all got stuck into the menu's. Actually I lie, we didn't do that until the waiter had visited our table at least 4 times! We were so caught up in catching up and having a giggle.

I noticed my neighbour and
tried to get Claire C's attention. She eventually noticed him with a high pitched noise when he spoke to thank and said goodbye to the staff as he left prompting Lucy and Claire D to turn and then we all gawped at him through the window. You just can't mistake James Nesbitt's distinct Northern Irish accent. We all watched him drive off with his curry takeout in his sturdy German car into the Dulwich sunset.

Alcoholic beverage treats: large glass of red (which I didn't finish!)
Alcoholic beverages not consumed: bitter shandy with lunch, 2 x mojito's (it was happy hour!), Cobra beer with dinner
What next: 8 miles with Rob on Sunday

p.s. it turned out Lucy was drinking virgin mojito's since she was driving home...

No comments:

Post a Comment