Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wouldn't it be great if you could store fitness...

As you know I've been pretty slack over the past fortnight and I really need to build up my mileage... Luckily this is what the club is for, and after a struggle with the snooze button I made it to the meeting point and connected with 2 chaps who were up for doing 11 miles. Ian and Steve took me under their wings, they'd already done 5 miles before the running club had even started...

I always look forward to seeing familiar faces (as well as the new), and especially Lacruta who is a positive soul with a heart of gold. She's looked after me from the very first run I did with the club. This morning, she's particularly concerned since I'm not able to keep up with her as I have the previous times... and I know I'm not feeling particularly 'speedy' today - hmmm.

Woke: 08:04 AM
Snooze: 2
Up: 08:19 AM
Fuel: mummy sized portion of porridge and Lucozade Sports (orange flavour)
Out: 08:55 AM
Weather: cold with a breeze
Thoughts:
  • Feeling so stiff today
  • Gee I can't seem to build up a decent pace, that's what I get for not doing the mileage this week... and last...
  • I'm sure this must be quicker than 10 minute miles though?!
  • should I listen to Lacruta and not do the mileage?!
  • I really wanna do 11 miles!
  • maybe I should take Lacruta's advice and just listen to my body...
  • well, my head is saying "you need to do the mileage Susan"... my body is saying "you can do it, you just need to take your time"
  • sod it - I feel fine and comfortable doing 11 miles, I just can't keep up with the group in front!
  • So glad Ian and Steve break off for the last 4 miles... now I can just focus on doing the miles instead of getting distracted and worrying about keeping up with the group in front
  • How lucky am I that they're running 10 minute miles... perfect pace
  • Ian is pretty focused... whereas Steve and I had a good old natter
  • I hope I get my beginners pack in the post soon, I can't wait to log on to the forum they keep talking about. That's how Ian and Steve arranged to meet up earlier to do 5 miles before the club session started... oh and get my Cram Tag...
  • Yes! 11 miles in my legs - get in! And... s-t-r-e-t-c-h.
  • Shit, why do I get the feeling I'm going to be feeling stiff for the rest of the day...
Mornings!: just the one, he'd stopped on Rosendale Road to tell us to hurry up and catch the group up front!
Back: 11:20 AM
Refuel: Sausage and egg baguette washed down with Lucozade Sports (orange flavour) and a nice cup of tea
Alcoholic beverage treats: nil
Alcoholic beverages not consumed: a glass of white wine with delicious homemade haddock chowder...

Homemade Haddock Chowder - mmm!

Distance: 11 miles
Route: Brockwell Park, West Dulwich and Dulwich Park
Notes: Must enter some races to keep me motivated
What next: Monday morning 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment