Saturday, January 1, 2011

Janathon

New year, new me... we'll see! 2010 was the year of NOT blogging, well I'm giving it another go...

After a lovely evening with Cheryl, Eric and the DPR gang seeing in 2011 to munch munch, rrrrr and sssss* I managed to get up and my act together for the first run of the year (and the first since the Beckenham Trail 10K with Robbie at the end of November)!

Race: Brooks Serpentine New Year's Day 10K
Location: Hyde Park, London
Distance: 10K
Time: 59.01

Not bad after a good 5 weeks of resting! It was a cold, fresh, grey morning with the sun shimmering through at times. I drove George and I through the quiet streets of London, no doubt most still asleep and soon to be nursing their hangovers, and parked up in Hyde Park. Met Gillian and Alan and a few other DPR crew and had a catch up on the whereabouts of Rob (find out more).

Before we knew it the race had begun. As I always do, took it easy and thoroughly enjoyed it! The first few km were a little crowded along the paths which soon lightened up as everyone found their pace. Saw Di and Susan Smith cheering on the sidelines which always gives a boost!

After collecting my finishers medal and new year mug I met up with the rest of the DPR crew. Gillian treated us to her delicious ginger chocolate brownies while Alan served up champagne (in proper glasses too!) which we all enjoyed - thank you!

New year's day run done and dusted - what next?! I present to you 'Janathon' courtesy of Gillian. Astrid and I will be trying this out too in prep for the Dartford 10 at the end of the month - oh yes!


So... let's see how I get on tomorrow!

*as well as snap snap, oo oo oo oo, d n d n and more...

1 comment:

  1. well done Team Susie. Day 1 of 2011 and you have already raced. Well done and here's to many great runs for 2011. Can't wait for the leg to be better and to run with you

    ReplyDelete