Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Handicap

As well as Janathon, my second new years resolution for 2011 is to get my work / life in balance. Being a bit of a workaholic I've got 2 things giving me that extra bit of motivation this year.

1. my Robbie is stuck at home all day (when he's not sneakily popping out on crutchathon training) with a broken leg, so I want to be getting home to spend a decent evening with him

2. running club is on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I've been missing this as I never get home in time, so must leave work on time to get in the runs

1st Tuesday of each month means Handicap.

Race: DPR January Handicap
Location: Dulwich
Distance: 2.1 miles
Time: not entirely sure so will update tomorrow once I find out times from Ian (our Handicapper!)

Already got a few more runs planned for the rest of the month, and looking forward to them:
  • Ladies X country (Surrey League) in Ham - 15 January
  • Bank of England X country - 22 January (cake!)
  • Dartford 10 - 23 January

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I think you were taking it wasy on the handicap.....Are you going to have a go at winning it this year? With a 9.29 min mile at the 10k I am impressed by your start to the year, seen as at the end of last year you were 10.30ing around! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging going well - have even managed to upload a picture now! Just got to get the Janathon logo up and then I am well away. Not quite defeated by technology.....
    Hope the wedding is lovely on Saturday - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Susie - I know you are running really well at the moment! I was hoping you were going to teach me all about blogging too. See you at cross country on Saturday??

    ReplyDelete