Monday, February 16, 2009

Spring

Woke: 4:38 AM and went back to sleep...
Snooze: nil, full of beans this morning! I could hear the birds singing outside which is a first - must be springtime!
Up: 06:08 AM
Fuel: water
Out: 06:27 AM, I was pottering - should I make my bed now or when I get back?
Weather: mild, probably would've managed without my gloves. Sky was a dark light blue purple-y shade of pink...
Thoughts:
  • Wonder if the pavement on Croxted Road will sparkle today... it did!
  • Gee, I could feel and smell the car fumes during the last leg. Dulwich Common was busy this morning - thought it'd be quiet with it being half term, then again it should't have had any bearing since it was a little before the school run
  • I once read that Maggie Thatcher lives in a gated estate in Dulwich, I wonder if it's Hambledon Place?
  • Yes! I knew why I'd brought my iPhone with me this morning...

    To take advantage call Dulwich Riding School
Mornings!: Was feeling a bit shy today... I had 2 opportunities:
  • the silverfox getting into his Merc on Croxted Road
  • the senior runner in a bright florescent yellow mac crossing Dulwich Common at College Road
Distance: 3 miles
Route: Court Lane, Turney Lane, Croxted Road, Dulwich Common... I'll map it later

Back: 07:02 AM
Refuel: daddy portion of porridge and decaf earl grey
Alcoholic beverage treats: didn't fancy anything, green tea for me
Alcoholic beverages not consumed: saki - went for Japanese with Geoff this evening

What next: 6 miles with the club on Tuesday evening
Notes:
  • Had to tell Sarah that I wasn't running with her this lunchtime, was feeling pretty stiff and a little tight from Saturday so probably not a good idea to do speedwork
  • The salesman who sold me my car sponsored me today, am touched. I love my Mazda and if you want one just like mine, get in touch with Phil Hodgson at Peoples in Bootle - he's the man!

2 comments:

  1. Have you not been running for two weeks? Naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, I've just been a naughty lazy blogger...

    ReplyDelete