Monday, January 19, 2009

Cup-a-roast-dinner

Last night after we'd all wolfed down Niell's amazing roast beef dinner (no food left on my plate [lucky Paul had already had dinner number 1 earlier, with Seamus, of faggots] - in fact I even went in for seconds!), conversation moved onto my marathon training.

Rob was surprisingly keen for me to continue running with him at the weekend, even though I told him I could barely make it home after trying to keep up with him the weekend before. He had a valid point that he could help contribute towards my 'speed work' training which I have to start doing, like 2 weeks ago! And so it is, that I'm running with Rob on Sunday morning 10.30 AM sharp!

Vicky asked about sponsoring me again so I must get round to putting that email together and sending it to everyone in my personal address book. Claire sent hers round over the weekend and I love it, she's so entertaining it makes you want to sponsor her regardless of whether she runs the marathon or not!

I always thought that people would find it a burden coming along and waiting in the crowds on Marathon day, which has in recent years been either boiling hot or wet and windy. So, I hadn't really thought too much about asking whether people would like to come along and support me, and watch me run like a chicken (according to my lovely siblings I walk like one) and sweat like a beetroot.

However, I'm pleasantly surprised that a few people are suggesting it. I should formulate a plan... Adam at work suggested that they not only support me but bring along goodies too! Which means I won't have to carry them around myself! Rob suggested, since it was on a Sunday, that he'd bring along a treat of liquidised Sunday Roast for me to enjoy and I could pour it over myself to cool down - hmmm...

This afternoon Sarah checked whether I was going running with her at lunchtime and I cowardly admitted that I was actually a bit scared now, since in a meeting earlier, John had informed me that she had come 4th in a company race and had won a holiday off the back of it! I didn't want to hold her back. You think running fast is tough, try running at a slow pace, it's frustrating!

Anyway, she was really nice about it and didn't mind running at my pace once a week. Which means a lie in for me tomorrow - yay! I must remember to pack my running kit tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment